Sunday 16 September 2012

Eeeeekk !!! I've got a "Smart Meter"

Hi there...

This discussion has arisen because early last year (2011) Genesis Energy  (one of the many electricity and natural gas retailers in NZ) sought my permission to "upgrade" my wiring system and install a new meter which records my power usage.  I had no problem with this.  I did not know much about "Smart Meters" at that time and didn't know the right questions to ask in relation to this "upgrade". If Genesis Energy had been more transparent with me and told me they were installing a"Smart Meter", this would have immediately rung alarm bells and I would have said "No". My landlady had already said to me that she did not want any "Smart Meters" attached to the house where she, myself and a couple of older gentlemen (60's) all live. Here is an excerpt from an article now posted below on this blog.



Smart Meter Dangers: The Health Hazards of Wireless Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure  

"In the US, there has never been a mandate to force these utility meters on millions of unsuspecting people. There has been no Precautionary Principle used while corporate greed has abound-ed. Various utility companies have not told their customers of the dangers.  What they told their customers about these new meters was that it would "updatethe grid  (exactly what I was told in NZ) ... and help them control individual usage." 

"Customers have not been told about the serious health problems that these RF* pulsing meters cause. We have been given no informed consent to this dangerous but invisible exposure."

By Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri   
Global Research, July 13, 2012 
Region:  


I found this article yesterday and had to add it below: 

China has been developing electromagnetic pulse weapons quite likely based on the same science that brings us 'Smart Metering'. Now please tell me i've got an over-active imagination, but... are we talking about 'General Population Control' here?? It seems to me that we're all submitting to getting 'pulse weapon' technology installed on our houses??? (some of us are objecting obviously). Since the Smart Meter is a "two way receiver" is it not therefore possible for the 'pulse surges' to be amped up in frequency without our knowledge?? ...for the purposes of 'population control' ?? Which is an underlying reason that 'they' add Sodium Fluoride (not magnesium fluoride) to our water supply - as it's known to curb revolutionary tendencies and 'free thinking' in the population. Yes. Very Orwellian I know...  But I had to ask the question. And it's definitely possible, Yes  that 'they' would do this to us without hesitation or thought for the moral/ ethical implications...We are just slaves, afterall. Ref: agent orange tests and nuclear/ radioactive fallout tests in the military last century, just to cite a couple examples.



"China’s military is developing electromagnetic pulse weapons that Beijing plans to use...  Portions of a National Ground Intelligence Centerstudy on the lethal effects of electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and high-powered microwave (HPM) weapons...  EMP weapons mimic the gamma-ray pulse caused by a nuclear blast that knocks out all electronics, including computers and automobiles, over wide areas. The phenomenon was discovered in 1962 after an aboveground nuclear test in the Pacific disabled electronics in Hawaii."

http://endtimessigns.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/china-building-emp-weapons-for-use-against-u-s-carriers/

On getting my Smart Meter removed: 
I phoned Genesis Energy call centre on 13 September 2012 to ask them to remove the offending Smart Meter/ Advanced Meter that had been installed on the front of my house 18 months ago. I had not voluntarily agreed to the installation of a Smart Meter. I had only agreed to an "upgrade" of my meter. I was strenuously advised by a number of call centre operators during successive calls, that the removal of my "Advanced Meter" was not possible. I was advised that Genesis Energy did not "own" the meter per se. The meter is actually "owned" by their contractor (Advanced Metering) who as it were, "leases" the meter to the various power retailers, whose customer-base always fluctuates and changes. This added another layer of difficulty to the conversation. I was told by a Genesis supervisor-manager (James) that it was now a legal requirement for Advanced Meters to be installed. That statement he made is obviously incorrect. He has OBVIOUSLY been lied to by his managers. He seemed like a genuine sort of a guy. The phone call to Genesis took around 45 minutes. I in turn strenuously argued the case that the "Advanced Meter" on my house most certainly does need to be  removed. I stood my ground. 

14 September 2012: I've just finished looking at some more of the content on Steve Hart's site. Right !!  I'm now understanding that I am definitely NOT legally required to have a Smart Meter installed.  I'm going to phone my retailer (Genesis Energy) right now and have a second little talk with them... 
The Conversation:

I have just spoken to a young call centre operator. I did this yesterday morning also and  had high hopes of resolving the matter fairly quickly with Genesis Energy with a few curt words. This was not to be the case. 
I have been on hold now for around 10 minutes listening to 'elevator music'  ... presumably designed to calm the "disgruntled customer". I am presuming that Genesis Managers and the call centre operator I just spoke to for some 10 minutes are now reviewing the content of my telephone calls yesterday and today and the 'resulting' Notes that are now undoubtedly on my file...  "difficult customer" and such observations... 

I have already quoted "The Consumer Guarantees Act" stating that I am a disgruntled customer who is not satisfied with the metering technology they have instructed their contractor to install. I stated clearly to the Call Centre Operator I have every right under "The Consumer Guarantees Act" to have this non-legally required piece of apparatus removed from my house.

Another 10 minutes goes by while I listen to banal oboe and flute duets:  Another two conversations occur that take around 20-30 minutes total. The Call Centre Operator has apparently been instructed to try to persuade me to agree with the stance of the company... punctuated by 'check-ins' with his supervisor/s. I do not give in. I am not in agreement. I will not submit to their erroneous statements telling me that I can not have the Smart Meter removed: 

"You put it on there... It's your responsibility to take it off... You are my retailer... I'm  justifiably unhappy with what you've installed... You fix it !!"  ... and suchlike statements. Finally, (after another check-in with his supervisor) I am told that I will be getting a phone call from Advanced Metering Services and would Monday be convenient for me to receive a call from them ??  I told the Call Centre Operator  that this would be just fine.
   
I am surprised that Advanced Metering Services are phoning ME... 

Well...  maybe not so surprised since i've now spoken strongly to Genesis Energy on two consecutive days, and will continue to do so, until the matter is resolved to my satisfaction.  I had originally asked Genesis Energy for the phone number of "Advanced Metering Services".  I had explained to Genesis that no such company name appears in the phone book so could they give it to me please?  Genesis had declined my request yesterday stating that they don't give out the phone numbers of their contractors. They were now apparently quite happy to 'refer me on'.

The remaining formality seemed to be for the Call Centre Operator asked me 'Why?' I wanted the Advanced Meter removed. It felt as though this was the 'Next Step' he was meant to take with me as prompted per his computer screen/ company policy. I said to him:

"The Advanced Meter is a fire risk.  It also poses many health risks. I told him that I have constant tinnitus (ringing in the ears), that I live in a house with 'elderly' people (3x 60+), that I live in an urban community with children in it and that these radio waves reach out to 35kms radius 24-7 (all the time). Therefore, I have a moralethical and social duty to have this "Advanced Meter" removed from my house as soon as possible because it not only affects myself  but  all  of my community and I therefore wish to have installed... (quoting now) ... the "ACTARIS ACE1000 ELECTRIC METER... "


"ACTARIS ACE1000 ELECTRIC METER"

£11.00GBP EX VAT

This quality refurb unit is guaranteed for 12 months.These meters are reset to zero.
Ace 1000 SMO Electronic Single Phase Electricity Meter these meters have no pulsed output.
Meter Type Electronic single phase watt hour meter Approval EN61036.
Meter weight 0.5kg Dimensions L x W x D 105mm x 130mm x 58.15mm

ACTARIS ACE1000 ELECTRIC METER - Click Image to Close


I pointed out that this is an Analogue meter that will not emit ANY radio frequencies. I said to him "This is the meter I would like as my 'upgrade'."  Thank you very much !!  


I added that at £11.00 British pounds I would even be happy to pay for the unit myself and that they (Genesis) can pay for the removal of the "Smart Meter" that I was never educated on nor informed about properly - That the Advanced Meter was never, and has never been referred to by Genesis Energy as a "Smart Meter" - otherwise I would have said No immediately to its installation last year.  

I continued on with my spiel to cover many other remaining points about the dangers of having this Vodafone constant digital transmitter (just like a cell phone tower) stuck on the wall of my house...  constantly transmitting...

... cancer, neurological disease, reproductive disorders, immune dysfunction, and electromagnetic hypersensitivity... Genetic damage, reproductive defects, cancer, neurological degeneration and nervous system dysfunction, immune system dysfunction, cognitive effects, protein and peptide damage, kidney damage, and developmental effects...  chromosomal instability, altered gene expression, gene mutations, DNA fragmentation and DNA structural breaks... Genotoxic effects occur[ing] in neurons, blood lymphocytes, sperm, red blood cells, epithelial cells, hematopoietic tissue, lung cells and bone marrow... RF emissions [are a] 2 B carcinogen... associated with an increased risk for malignant brain tumors... neurological damage... brain cancer and neurodegenerative diseases... Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)... headaches, dizziness, tremors, decreased memory and attention, autonomic nervous system dysfunction, decreased reaction times, sleep disturbances and visual disruption...      

http://co-creatingournewearth.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/smart-meters-effects-of-emf-and-rf.html

I knew he had made a close of the conversation with me but I continued on without pause, until the very end (at least 1-2 minutes or more - poor man) when I said:

"Sorry if I went on...  But i'm aware that you're recording this conversation...  and I wanted to include all major points before we finished so that your managers will be able to hear all of my concerns and therefore become more aware themselves of the dangers of this technology."

The Operator responded, "Yes, they will be listening to the recording...  I'm sure they will get your 'message'."   

I added, "For your own personal information, do you know that Smart Meters are being pulled out of homes in their thousands all across the UK, in Europe, in America because of the fire risks they pose as well as the health risks?"  He said, "No", he didn't know that. 

I continued on (I am relentless and so might you need to be when you phone up your electricity retailer to have your Smart Meter removed from your house)  ... and reminded him (and indirectly, his managers through the recording)  that I am NOT under the law to accept that which they are touting as law.  He thanked me very much and it was likewise given....

"Remember, there is no law that requires you to have a smart meter – listen here."

Also, if you didn't listen to this audio clip as posted on other articles on this blog, please listen now. This audio file includes a number of statements from Amanda Forsey representing the NZ Electricity Authority saying that there is no legal mandate for anyone to accept the installation of Smart Meters/ Advanced Meters/ Smart Boxes.  It's a gem.  You may need to quote Amanda when you phone your electricity retailer (Genesis, Meridian, Contact... etc.)  Take notes, if you think this is going to help you when speaking to your electricity retailer, to get the Smart Meter removed from your property.

Acknowledgement:  BIG THANK YOU to Steve Hart  for making this information freely and publicly available.  Thank you Steve. 



Let's see what happens on Monday with "Advanced Metering Services !!!!  :D I think i've got some more homework to do on all of this before Monday !!   :D






"There is agreement"




These are most likely the companies who will contact me on Monday. I just Googled "Advanced Metering Service, Hamilton, NZ" and got these. If you're bold, you might like to speak to these guys directly about getting your 'Advancee Meter' removed in favour of the above analogue meter. Remember, you are NOT required under law to have a "Smart Meter"/ Advanced Meter.



Servicing Hamilton City
TECHRENTALS has been providing short and long term rental of test & measurement equipment, associated technical support and Calibration Services to NZ businesses for over 30 years.
More about TechRentals








Servicing Hamilton City
Supplying and servicing to the Utility Industry with special emphasis on electricity and water metering as well as high voltage equipment for the electricity distribution network.
More about Arthur D Riley & Co Ltd







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. All comments are moderated - BronnyNZ