Friday 26 October 2012

A Course in Miracles. Come do the Course with me : )

I've had a copy of "A Course in Mircles" since 1997 and have just recently felt the prod to pick it up and start engaging with the Lessons.

"All things are in perfect timing."

It sure is 'perfect timing' that i'm reading this epic work and undertaking this epic study right now.

I wanted to share a bit with you about "A Course in Miracles" and encourage you to take this journey of transformation with me.

We can undertake our personal work... together  : )   Separate but Together   : )



                   




Day 1.  Chapter 1.  Part I:   Principles of Miracles

"There is no order of difficulty in miracles.  One is not 'harder' or 'bigger' than another. They are all the same. All expressions of love... everything that comes from love is a miracle...  Miracles are natural. When they do not occur, something has gone wrong... they bring more love both to the giver and the receiver. The use of miracles as spectacles to induce belief is a misunderstanding of their purpose.  Prayer is the medium of miracles.  It is a means of communication of the created with the Creator.  Through prayer, love is received, and through miracles, love is expressed.  Miracles are thoughts...  Miracles transcend the body. They are sudden shifts of invisibility, away from the bodily level.  That is why they heal...  Miracles reflect the laws of eternity, not of time...  Miracles rearrange perception and place all levels in true perspective....  sickness comes from confusing the levels.



                       
                                                                                         http://www.panguqi.org/

"Miracles enable you to heal the sick and raise the dead because you made sickness and death yourself, and can therefore abolish both. You are a miracle, capable of creating in the likeness of your creator. Everything else is your own nightmare, and does not exist. Only the creations of light are real....  "Atoning" means "undoing."  The undoing of fear is an essential part of the Atonement (at-One-ment, "at one with") value of miracles. 


"Miracles honor you because you are lovable. They dispel illusions about yourself and perceive the light in you. They thus atone for your errors by freeing you from your nightmares. By releasing your mind from the imprisonment of your illusions, they restore your sanity.

"A major contribution of miracles is their strength in releasing you from your false sense of isolation, deprivation and lack. Miracles arise from a "miraculous state of mind", or a state of "miracle-readiness...  The miracle is a learning device that lessens the need for time. It establishes an out-of-pattern time interval not under the usual laws of time. In this sense it is timeless."




Day 1 Lesson


LESSON 1
Nothing I see in this room [on this street,
from this window, in this place] means anything....

http://www.thecourseinmiracles.com/workbook/1-50.html



Day 2.  Chapter 1.  Part 2:  Revelation, Time and Miracles

Revelation unites you directly with God...  Consciousness is the state that induces action...  The miracle minimises the need for time...  There is no relationship between the time a miracles takes and the time it covers...

http://www.thecourseinmiracles.com/text/chapter-1.html


Day 2 Lesson


LESSON 2
I have given everything I see in this room [on this
street, from this window, in this place] all the meaning
that it has for me...


http://www.thecourseinmiracles.com/workbook/1-50.html



Day 3.  Chapter 1.  Part 3:  Atonement and Miracles

"I am in charge of the process of Atonement, which I undertook to begin. When you offer a miracle to any of my brothers, you do it to yourself and me. The reason you come before me is that I do not need miracles for my own Atonement, but I stand at the end in case you fail temporarily. My part in the Atonement is the cancelling out of all errors that you could not otherwise correct. When you have been restored to the recognition of your original state, you naturally become part of the Atonement yourself. As you share my unwillingness to accept error in yourself and others, you must join the great crusade to correct it; listen to my voice, learn to undo error and act to correct it. The power to work miracles belongs to you. I will provide the opportunities to do them, but you must be ready and willing. Doing them will bring conviction in the ability, because conviction comes through accomplishment. The ability is the potential, the achievement is its expression, and the Atonement, which is the natural profession of the children of God, is the purpose..."



                   


Day 3 Lesson


LESSON 3
I do not understand anything I see in this room
[on this street, from this window, in this place]...





Day 4.  Chapter 1.  Part 4:  The Escape from Darkness


... sin is a lack of love.

(same links as above)


Day 4 Lesson


LESSON 4
These thoughts do not mean anything. They are like
the things I see in this room [on this street, from
this window, in this place]...



Day 5.  Chapter 1.  Part 5:  Wholeness and Spirit

"The miracle is much like the body in that both are learning aids for facilitating a state in which they become unnecessary...  The basic decision of the miracle-minded is not to wait on time any longer than is necessary...

"Whatever is true is eternal and cannot change or be changed.  Spirit is therefore unalterable because it is already perfect, but the mind can elect what it chooses to serve...

"The miracle is a sign that the mind has chosen to be led by me [Holy Spirit] in Christ's service. The abundance of Christ is the natural result of choosing to follow Him...



                            





Day 5 Lesson

LESSON 5
I am never upset for the reason I think.





Day 6.  Chapter 1.  Part 6:  The Illusion of Needs

"While lack does not exist in the creation of God, it is very apparent in what you have made... Until the "separation," which is the meaning of the "fall," nothing was lacking. There were no needs at all. Needs arise only when you deprive yourself. You act according to the particular order of needs you establish. This, in turn, depends on your perception of what you are.

"A sense of separation from God is the only lack you really need correct. This sense of separation would never have arisen if you had not distorted your perception of truth, and had thus perceived yourself as lacking...  The idea of orders of need, which follows from the original error that one can be separated from God, requires correction at its own level before the error of perceiving levels at all can be corrected. You cannot behave effectively while you function on different levels...

"The real purpose of this world is to use it to correct your unbelief. You can never control the effects of fear yourself, because you made fear, and you believe in what you made...  Belief produces the acceptance of existence. That is why you can believe what no one else thinks is true. It is true for you because it was made by you...  All aspects of fear are untrue because they do not exist at the creative level, and therefore do not exist at all..."


Day 6 Lesson

LESSON 6
I am upset because I see something that is not there....



Bron:  ... because, this is what is there  : )    ... the interdimensional realm.



                  

My son surrounded by energy “Angels”                        "Mojeza" - Light being appeared in Iraq 2008  
- John Gill                                                                      http://www.walayat.net/news/2008/feb/21-01.htm




Anyway....  that's a bit of an introduction and excerpts that really stood out to me during the week. I hope you feel inspired to join with me in these daily readings and reflections.  Please let me know if you're starting the course with me.  I'm only up to Day 8, so it would be interesting to do The Course together as a group of people walking forward in Consciousness over the period of the next 12 months.  

Thanks, 
Bronny NZ   : )



1 comment:

  1. I think it's the application of the Lessons during the day that is probably the most important with The Course... The content really challenges 'rational' thinking. I've really been wrestling with some of these Lessons this week. My mind keeps going 'no, no, no'... but I just keep on doing them anyway and keep telling myself that it's "OK" ... that i'll figure out what this crazy talk is all about as I go along in the course. It's not making much sense to me at all at the moment. I'm just doing the Lessons in trust that 'something' will shift inside me... and help me move from being a screaming lunatic when I get stressed, to being somebody who has another perspective and doesn't get to screaming point. I don't like myself at all when that happens. I need it to change. I'm hoping The Course will help me. I don't know if it will... I'm just hoping :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. All comments are moderated - BronnyNZ